IOF Systems Engineering Working Group
Overview and Purpose
The Systems engineering WG is motivated by use cases including the systems engineering, system architecture, system lifecycle and model-based systems engineering. The WG is exploring the use of systems engineering domain ontologies built to adhere to a common upper ontology can enable reasoning across industrial domains during the entire system lifecycle.
The initial set of notions considered by the WG includes the following.
- System lifecycle, phases and workflow
- Systems engineering items, architecture and system life cycle properties, such as flexibility and evolvability.
- Systems engineering standards
- MBSE languages, methodologies and models
- Model integration and model interoperability using ontologies
IOF Systems Engineering Roadmap
- Chair: Jinzhi Lu, EPFL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-chair: Dimitris Kiritsis, EPFL: email@example.com