Welcome to the OAGi Working Groups page. The best way to engage with OAGi is to participate and/or lead a Working Group.
If you are interested in joining any of these Working Groups, or in starting a new Working Group, please write to us .
OAGi has a specific, repeatable development process that all of these Working Groups follow. It contains four phases:
- Project Definition
- Review and Approval
You can learn more about or development methodology.
Participation on Working Groups is a privilege of membership. If you are not already an OAGi member, you can learn more.
Score Working Group
The Working Group Chair for the Score WG is Serm Kulvatunyou from NIST. It plans to do this by developing an RDMS design to support the OAGIS Data Model so that OAGi can better:
- Allow for the import of OAGIS developer schemas
- Allow for precise content contextualization
- Implement a prototype, open source tool, which in addition to above requirements:
- Allow for export of OAGIS contextualized standalone schema
- Allow for import of OAGIS contextualized standalone schema
The database has been designed and OAGIS has been loaded in and is being debugged. The expression generation software is under construction. IT is planned to support expression generation from context drivers defined in the tool.
Smart Manufacturing Working Group
This Working Group is Co-Chaired by Nenad Ivezic of NIST and Conrad Leiva from iBASEt.
Scope: To Develop a multi-tiered supply chain collaboration guideline and standard for engineered components to improve cost, quality, agility and more.
API Design Working Group
The purpose of this Working Group is to explore ways that the OAGIS Specification and deliverables need to be updated to more fully enable Mobile Business, Cloud Computing, and support for JSON based instance expressions of the current Business Object Documents.
The Working Group may include but is not limited to the following:
- JSON based instances of the OAGIS BODs
- A JSON tool converter
- JSON Naming and Design Rules similar to the current OAGIS XSD Naming and Design Rules
- REST processing guide for OAGIS
- Changes to the OAGIS BOD architecture to provide improved support for cloud-based processing. For example, in the BOD Application Area. This could include additions from the current UN/CEFACT Business Data Header project
- Mobile Business Case Studies as examples
- Working with Solution Providers to support OAGIS JSON based apps on mobile devices
- OAGIS Apps for mobile devices from OAGi and its members
Render Mode: checkboxText checkboxHTML checkboxRaw Save Cancel Edit Preview Version History
Small & Medium Enterprise Working Group
This Working Group is Co-Chaired by Nenad Ivezic of NIST and Scott Nieman of Land O'Lakes.
The Small and Medium Sized Enterprise Work Group (SME WG) has created an Express Pack of supply chain related B2B ‘profiles’ using the NIST/OAGi Score tool that can be used to accelerate the digital enablement of small businesses to communicate with other businesses for receipt and placement of orders, ship notices, invoices and payment remittances using RESTful Web API methods. Provided are OpenAPI 3.0 API definitions, JSON Schema draft 4, a BPMN model illustrating the initially supported business process, and PlantUML sequence diagrams illustrating API usage for specific scenarios.
The SME WG outreach includes middleware vendors, business application vendors, and other tool vendors that are often used by smaller organizations. Other efforts are being explored with various universities, with interest in key areas of manufacturing and agriculture.