The OAGi Recognition Program is focused on showing appreciation for the participation and contributions made by any participant of a member of OAGi and also overall contributions by any member organization.
Our many thanks to our April 2014 recipient of the Outstanding Contributor award, Mike Rowell, for your many contributions to the Open Applications Group including your services as the OAGi Chief Architect as well as your role in making OAGi a thought leader.
- 2000 – Started as OAGi Chief Architect
- 2002 – Lead the conversion of OAGIS from DTD to XML Schema as OAGIS Release 8.0
- 2004 – Published articles in XML Journal, IBM Developer Works, and ebizQ
- 2004 – Built the first Web Services Description Languages (WSDL) for OAGIS BODs
- 2005 – Lead the works for OAGIS Release 9.0 and the adoption of the UN/CEFACT 2.01 Core Components Technology
- 2006 to 2012 - Contributed to the UN/CEFACT efforts important to the OAGi and it’s members
- 2013 – Lead the work for OAGIS Release 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5 and 9.6 since 2005
- 2013 – Lead the technical work to deliver OAGIS Release 10.0, the next generation version of OAGIS with CIDX functional equivalence, new content, new ease of use architecture, and the adoption of UN/CEFACT 3.0 Core Components Technology
- 2004 to 2006 Served as the Load Author on the OAGIS Release 9.X Naming and Design Rules (NDR)
- 2008 to Present - Serves as Co-Chair of the OAGi Architectural Council