Welcome to the OAGi Working Groups page. The best way to engage with OAGi is to participate and/or lead a Working Group.
If you are interested in joining any of these Working Groups, or in starting a new Working Group, please write to us here.
OAGi has a specific, repeatable development process that all of these Working Groups follow. It contains four phases:
1. Project Definition
3. Review and Approval
You can learn more about or development methodology here.
Participation on Working Groups is a privilege of membership. If you are not already an OAGi member, you can learn more by clicking here.
OAGi Working Groups
AIA and EBO Harmonization WG
The for this Working Group is Scott Nieman from Land O’Lakes. The companies that are the members of this Working Group include:
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Archer Daniels Midland
The Scope of this Working Group includes:
· Provide an intake, review and migration process for Oracle submission of Application Integration Architecture Enterprise Object Library common XSDs
· Identify overlaps with existing OAGIS capabilities
· Identify capabilities that would benefit OAGIS
· Prioritize work effort based on actual industry use
· Import into Semantic Refinement staging tables for conversion
· Selectively convert to 10.x
· Provide generalized mappings from AIA to OAGIS for migration; review of submitted subsets of actual used EBO XML nodes
Quality Content Working Group
The scope of the Quality Content Working Group is to create new OAGIS Nouns for quality and test related activities and integrations. Integrations may be between a Product Lifecycle Management system and a Laboratory Information Management System, ERPs, and external Third Party Laboratories that perform testing services. The following new Nouns were intend to published in the OAGIS release 10.2:
Changed Nouns included:
Item Certification of Analysis
Batch Certificate of Analysis
The Working Group is now working on a phase 2 and plans to deliver the for the next OAGIS Release.
There will be a new update presentation soon.
Semantic Refinement WG
The Working Group is a joint effort with OAGi and NIST. The Chair for the Semantic Refinement WG is Serm Kulvatunyou from NIST. The plans are to develope an RDMS design to support the OAGIS Data Model so that OAGi can better:
- Allow for import of OAGIS developer schemas
- Allow for precise content contextualization
- Implement a prototype, open source tool, which in addition to above requirements:
- Allow for export of OAGIS contextualized standalone schema
- Allow for import of OAGIS contextualized standalone schema
The database has been designed and OAGIS has been loaded in and is being debugged. The expression generation software is under construction. IT is planned to support expression generation from context drivers defined in the tool. The working group has a public github repository.
Smart Manufacturing WG – This Working Group is Co-Chaired by Nenad Ivezic of NIST and Conrad Leiva from iBASEt.
Scope: To Develop a multi-tiered supply chain collaboration guideline and standard for engineered components to improve cost, quality, agility and more
Mobile, Cloud, and JSON Working Group
This Working Group is Chaired by Mike Rowell from Oracle.
The purpose of this Working Group is to explore ways that the OAGIS Specification and deliverables need to be updated to more fully enable Mobile Business, Cloud Computing, and support for JSON based instance expressions of the current Business Object Documents.
The Working Group may include but is not limited to the following:
· JSON based instances of the OAGIS BODs
· A JSON tool converter
· JSON Naming and Design Rules similar to the current OAGIS XSD Naming and Design Rules
· REST processing guide for OAGIS
· Changes to the OAGIS BOD architecture to provide improved support for cloud-based processing. For example, in the BOD Application Area. This could include additions from the current UN/CEFACT Business Data Header project
· Mobile Business Case Studies as examples
· Working with Solution Providers to support OAGIS JSON based apps on mobile devices
· OAGIS Apps for mobile devices from OAGi and its members